Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One More Day - The "Just Missed" Category

Sorry, but The Excellent 80's 3rd birthday is not until tomorrow, so I've chosen to put you in another 24 hours of suspense as you eagerly await my #1 video/song of the 80's. Just liken it to when Casey Kasem would play a sappy, boring, time-wasting "long distance dedication" right before the number one song. Anyway, here are few other of my favorites that just didn't quite make it into my top 80 countdown, but they aren't sappy, boring, or time-wasting. Check 'em out!

Just missed: "California Girls"
by David Lee Roth

What can I say, the video is killer and Diamond Dave does a nice remake of this Beach Boys' classic, and there's some pretty eye candy in it as well.




Lyrics | Roth, David Lee Roth lyrics - California Girls lyrics


Just missed: "Rock Box"
by Run DMC

A rap-rock song that totally blew my mind with the mix of electric guitar and funky beats, and of course, smooth lyrics.




Lyrics | Run-d.m.c. lyrics - Rock Box lyrics


Just missed: "Livin' on a Prayer"
by Bon Jovi

Sorry, but "You Give Love a Bad Name" has always been my favorite from the band, even though this song is my daughter's favorite on Guitar Hero.




Lyrics | Bon Jovi lyrics - Livin' On A Prayer lyrics

No comments: