Friday, July 2, 2010

#18

In 1984 a movie was released called "Streets of Fire." I have to admit that I never saw it, but one of my favorite 80's songs comes from this soundtrack courtesy of Dan Hartman. The funny thing about the video is that that is not Dan Hartman, but instead the fictional doo-wop group from the movie called "The Sorels" - and yes, that is Robert Townsend as one of the back-up singers. The other funny thing is that Dan Hartman was a white dude, but he definitely had some soul as is evidenced by this song - his biggest hit as a singer. And I love the fact that the guys in this fictional group performing the song perform the moonwalk whenever they mention the phrase "moving sidewalks..." It's the late Dan Hartman (died of a brain tumor in 1994) checking in at #18 on The Excellent 80's Top 80 Countdown.

#18 "I Can Dream About You"
by Dan Hartman




Lyrics | Dan Hartman lyrics - I Can Dream About You lyrics

No comments: