Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You Won't Forget My Eyes

There's just so many things to love about today's video that I don't even know where to start. First off, it's a performance on Dick Clark's American Bandstand back in 1984 by the group Quarterflash. While today's song wasn't as popular as their massive hit "Harden My Heart," it did break into the top 20. How Quarterflash didn't become more popular I'll never know. Lead singer Rindy Ross is good looking, has a great voice, and plays one mean sax. In fact, she plays it so well, that the sax starts playing itself at the end of the song when she has to lip synch the final lines of the song. I think I detect a slight smile from Rindy when that happens as well. Anyway, I think Rindy and the crew should have ruled the 80's, but instead they only had a handful of hits including this one "Take Me To Heart"... long live Quarterflash!




Lyrics | Quarterflash lyrics - Take Me To Heart lyrics

"Take Me To Heart"

by Quarterflash
from the album: Take Another Picture
released: 1983

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #14

No comments: