Friday, March 9, 2012

No One Looked As I Walked By

Why they tried to turn today's song/video into a dance number is beyond me, and am I the only one that can't understand a dang thing coming out of Stevie Nick's mouth. I love her voice and Fleetwood Mac, but I thank God every day for places like lyricsmode.com so that I can finally understand what she was saying all these years.

Now, back to this video being turned into some sort of dance routine. What the hell? If Stevie wants to spin around a few times amongst the smoke and wind and light then that's fine, but when they decided to add some dancers to this video like Stevie is Janet Jackson or Paula Abdul I have to object. I do not think about busting a move on the dance floor when I hear Stevie. Maybe it's just me, but I think whoever came up with the concept of this video really screwed it up when they decided to put on a Broadway musical within the video. Here is one of Stevie's solo hits from 1983 - "Stand Back"...




Lyrics | Stevie Nicks lyrics - Stand Back lyrics

"Stand Back"
Single by Stevie Nicks
from the album The Wild Heart
B-side "Garbo"
Released May 19, 1983
Format 7-inch, 12-inch
Recorded Studio 55, Los Angeles, CA
Genre Rock/Pop
Length
4:48 – Album Version
4:18 – Single Edit/Mix
Label Modern
Writer(s) Stevie Nicks
Producer Jimmy Iovine

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #5

No comments: