Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ooh Ooh Hoo Ooh Ooh

The moral of this video is never ever get in a plane if Rick James and Smokey Robinson are your pilots.  Of course you won't have to worry too much since Rick James passed away years ago, but it could still happen with Smokey around!  This short film music video that runs just over seven minutes was a collaboration between the two and produced a #1 R&B hit.  I don't ever recall watching this video though, but the "rescue" makes total sense once you watch it.  Here is "Ebony Eyes"...



Ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...Ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...
Wind in your hair, sun on your skinYoure looking good, girl, all over againHey there, Miss BrownI want you to know I love you
Brown as the sand, youre soft as the shoreYoure leaving me hungry, Im crying for moreOoh, we, baby, girl, youre such a scoreAnd I want you to know that, you know what, girl
I love youI bet you didnt know that, girlYou didnt know thatI need youRight now, baby, right now, babyAnd I bet you didnt know that ebony eyes
Ooh...ooh...hoo...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...Ooh...hoo...hoo...ooh...hoo...ooh...ooh...
Lips soft and tender, ready to speakHer voice says, I love you {I love you} and its making me weakHey there, little girl, may I just say I love youTell em how you feel, Rick[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/ebony-eyes-lyrics-james-rick.html ]
Love is the brown skin girl in my eyesThink its time that I told you, dont you realizeYoure such a queen, woman, youre such a prizeAnd I want you to know that, you know what, girl
I love youAnd I bet you didnt know that, girlYou didnt know thatI need youRight now, baby, right now, babyAnd I bet you didnt know that ebony eyes
I love you ebony eyes, oh, myI need you, womanI need you (Ooh...)Oh, and I bet you didnt know that ebony eyes
I really love you (Ooh...ooh...), woman, I love you (Love you)Ebony eyes (Ooh...), oh, myI wanna say that I need you (Ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...), honey, I need youAnd I bet you didnt know that ebony eyes
Ebony eyes (Woo...woo...ooh...woo...hoo...)Ebony eyes, oh, my (Hoo...)Ebony eyes (Hoo...hoo...hoo...)Girl, and I bet you didnt know that ebony eyes
Love you (Love you, love you)Ebony eyes

Read more: JAMES RICK - EBONY EYES LYRICS 


"Ebony Eyes"
Single by Rick James and Smokey Robinson
from the album Cold Blooded
Released1983
Format7"
GenreR&B
Length3:56
LabelMotown
Writer(s)James Johnson [1]
ProducerRick James

U.S. R&B charts peak:  #1

No comments: