Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's Been A Long Time, I Shouldn't Have Left You

Anytime I can bring out a video shot at The Apollo it's a great thing.  As a bonus, you get the 1991 performance of one of the great rap songs of the 80's.  Though never one of my favorite groups, I've got much respect for the skills of Eric B and Rakim.  With one of the best openings ever - "It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you without a strong rhyme to step to.  Think of how many weak shows you slept through.  Time's up.  I'm sorry I kept you," here they are performing at The Apollo with "I Know You Got Soul"...




Lyrics | Eric B. & Rakim lyrics - I Know You Got Soul lyrics

"I Know You Got Soul"
Single by Eric B. & Rakim
from the album Paid in Full
Released1987
Format12"
Recorded1987
GenreHip hop
Length4:46
Label4th & B'way
Writer(s)Eric BarrierRakim Allah
ProducerEric Barrier, Rakim Allah

U.S. Hot R&B charts peak:  #64


No comments: