Monday, February 18, 2013

I Stayed the Cold Day With a Lonely Satellite

A happy Monday to you all!  I thought I had all of the 80's Duran Duran videos in The Excellent 80's already.  Wrong!  The band's 10th single released in January 1984 was from their "Seven and the Ragged Tiger" album.  One thing you can say for Duran Duran is that they always seemed to at least put some thought and energy behind their videos which is something you can't say about all of the top artists of the 80's.  Here is their top 10 hit, "New Moon on Monday"...





Shake up the picture the lizard mixture 
With your dance on the eventide 
You got me coming up with answers 
All of which I deny 
I said it again 
Could I please rephrase it 
Maybe I can catch a ride 
I couldn't really put it much plainer 
But I'll wait till you decide 
Send me your warning siren 
As if I could ever hide 
Last time La Luna 

CHORUS 
I light my torch and wave it for the 
New moon on Monday 
And a firedance through the night 
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite 

Breaking away with the beast of both worlds 
A smile that you can't disguise 
Every minute I keep finding 
Clues that you leave behind 
Save me from these reminders 
As if I'd forget tonight 
This time La Luna 

"New Moon on Monday"
Single by Duran Duran
from the album Seven and the Ragged Tiger
B-side"Tiger Tiger"
Released14 January 1984 (US)
FormatSingle
RecordedSydneyAustralia, September 1983
GenrePopNew Wave
Length4:16
LabelEMICapitol - DURAN 1
ProducerDuran DuranIan Little and Alex Sadkin
U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak:  #10
UK peak:  #9


No comments: