Friday, April 20, 2012

R.I.P. Dick Clark


"America's Oldest Teenager," Richard Wagstaff Clark passed away at the age of 82 on Wednesday leaving a lasting legacy on pop culture. If you grew up in the 80's or before then you saw Dick Clark every week on American Bandstand. I remember that it came on around 11 am or there-abouts every Saturday morning and I'd usually check it out for a few minutes every once in a while to see who might appear on the show.

Here are a few clips of American Bandstand from the 80's.

Look at this young New Edition from 1985...



Here is Dick interviewing The Romantics in 1983...



And there was probably nothing more awkward for Dick during the mid to late 80's when he had to interview rappers on American Bandstand. Check out this one with a young 17 year old L.L. Cool J and his two man crew of "Cut Creator" and "E Love."




I also loved me some $100,000 Pyramid hosted by Dick Clark. It was easily one of my favorites growing up. Here's some bloopers and an ending that features a young Billy Crystal giving clues and winning some money for the contestant...




Of course it won't truly be a New Year's Rockin' Eve anymore without Dick Clark...





R.I.P. Dick Clark

No comments: