Thursday, November 3, 2011

Can't We Try Just a Little Bit Harder?

Today I bring you a slow beautiful duet with the Canadian Kenny Rogers and his partner, Darryl Hannah. Seriously, look and tell me I'm not right. OK, if you want to get all technical about it, it's some hoser from Canada, eh, named Dan Hill and some babe named Vonda Shepard. I've never heard of Dan who I would say is more a combination of Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers, but if you ever watched the show "Ally McBeal," then you should remember Vonda Shepard as the singer at the local bar where the gang would go to blow off some steam. But in 1987, the duo came up with this Billboard top 10 hit. Here they are with "Can't We Try"...




Lyrics | Dan Hill lyrics - Can't We Try lyrics

"Can't We Try"

by Dan Hill with Vonda Shepard
from the album: Dan Hill
released: 1987

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #6

No comments: