Saturday, November 26, 2011

80's Movie Weekend



I saw this 1982 film with my grandmother and sitting through this movie for an 11 year old was pure torture back in 1982. Sure this movie had its target audience, but I was not it, and at a running time of over three hours this was worse than being a school. I might enjoy watching and learning from this movie today, but the scars it left on me as an 11 year old make me never want to sit through this thing again. Here is Ben Kingsley who won an Academy Award in the role of "Gandhi"...

Even the trailer is too long...



Gandhi
Directed by Richard Attenborough
Produced by Richard Attenborough
Screenplay by John Briley
Starring Ben Kingsley
Music by Ravi Shankar
George Fenton
Cinematography Billy Williams
Ronnie Taylor
Editing by John Bloom
Studio Goldcrest Films
Distributed by Columbia Pictures
Release date(s) 30 November 1982 (1982-11-30) (India)
3 December 1982 (1982-12-03) (United Kingdom)
Running time 191 minutes
Country India
United Kingdom
Language Hindi
English
Budget $22 million
Box office $52,767,889

No comments: