Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sittin' On This Bar Stool, Talkin' Like a Damn Foole

Unbelievably, this is the first song / video by the group Styx in The Excellent 80's. Granted there aren't a ton of Styx videos from the 80's, but there are plenty that they should have been in here before now as this blog approaches its 4th birthday later this month. One of my first albums was a present to me when I was about ten, and it was the Styx "Paradise Theater" triple platinum album that was the band's only #1 album in the U.S. Today's song and video is from that album and features Tommy Shaw on lead vocals instead of Dennis DeYoung. Here are the boys trying to do funny (unsuccessfully of course) in the video for "Too Much Time on My Hands"...




Lyrics | Styx lyrics - Too Much Time On My Hands lyrics

"Too Much Time on My Hands"
Single by Styx
from the album Paradise Theatre
Released 1981
Format 7"
Recorded 1980
Genre Progressive rock
Label A&M
Writer(s) Tommy Shaw

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #9

No comments: