Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Did My Best, but I Guess My Best Wasn't Good Enough

Quincy Jones is one of the most successful men in music recording history. He has worked with the likes of Sarah Vaughn, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, and the late king of pop, Michael Jackson. In 1981, Quincy released an album called "The Dude" which marked the debut of a talented singer by the name of James Ingram.
The great thing about today's video, besides James' sweet afro, has to be that it is subtitled in Japanese, maybe Chinese, I don't know, but if you're of Asian descent and you liked you some James Ingram back in the day, then this is just the best. Check out James with his 1981 hit off of a Quincy Jones album - "Just Once"...




Lyrics | James Ingram lyrics - Just Once lyrics

"Just Once"
by James Ingram
from the album: "The Dude" (Quincy Jones')
released: 1981

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #17

No comments: