Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Countdown Begins #80

The Excellent 80's is exactly 80 days away from its' 3rd birthday. Oh, how the time has flown since I began this little blog back in 2007. I've posted hundreds of music, television, and movie clips covering the best in music, tv shows, cartoons, sports, commercials, and movies. I've often been asked what my favorite songs/videos of the 80's are. While that's nearly an impossible question to answer, I am going to try to put together my favorite 80 songs/videos from the 1980's and count them down right here everyday for the next 80 days with the #1 song/video of the 80's brought to you on The Excellent 80's 3rd birthday on July 21st.

You'll find many popular songs of the 80's that make up this list, but there will be the occasional song/video that might not quite fit, but that's the beauty of running your own blog - I can be my own judge. Feel free to agree, disagree, or care not at all. Whatever the case, I hope you have been finding some enjoyment with this little blog and I hope you enjoy the countdown...

We kick off the countdown with a tie at #80. First up is this creepy little video featuring one of the most recognizable songs of the 80's. It's the group Soft Cell with their 1981 hit "Tainted Love." I know that the little girl in this video could kick Marc Almond's ass pretty easily, and I so enjoy the brother giving the "whooaaa" to the song.

#80 tie "Tainted Love"
by Soft Cell


Soft Cell - Tainted Love (Orginal version)
Uploaded by cutdead. - See the latest featured music videos.


Lyrics | Soft Cell lyrics - Tainted Love lyrics


Tied at #80 is a slow jam from a blind dude playing guitar. This guy was awesome (passing away in March of 2008 he jammed with the likes of BB King, Eric Clapton, ZZ Top, and Stevie Ray Vaughn), and so is this song that was released in June of 1989 and peaked at #5 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. You know you slow danced with your girl or guy to this at your school dance and sung right along with Jeff.

#80 tie "Angel Eyes"
by The Jeff Healey Band




Lyrics | Jeff Healey lyrics - Angel Eyes lyrics

No comments: