Thursday, September 24, 2009

Move Out, Don't Mess Around

When I first saw today's group and the title of the song, I thought that I had never heard of either, but I found out I was wrong on both counts... Today's group formed in late 1981 by former Depeche Mode songwriter Vince Clarke (synthesizer) and English singer Alison Moyet (vocals)... They broke up in 1983. Shortly after, Moyet pursued a solo career while Clarke founded Erasure... here is the short lived band known as Yazoo and #1 dance club hit "Situation"...




Lyrics | Yazoo lyrics - Situation lyrics

"Situation"
Single by Yazoo
from the album Upstairs at Eric's
B-side "Only You" (7")
Remix (12")
Released 1982
1990
Format 12" maxi, 7" single
CD maxi (1992)
Recorded 1981
Genre Synthpop, New Wave
Length 2:22
Label Mute Records
Sire Records
Writer(s) Alison Moyet
Vince Clarke
Producer Eric Radcliffe
Daniel Miller
Vince Clarke

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #73
U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play: #1

No comments: