Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to The Excellent 80's


Well, one year ago today, I made my first post here, and I'm happy to say things are still going strong and I'm still having fun digging up music videos, television clips, movie clips and other miscellaneous 80's stuff. If you've been with me a while, then thank you. If you just found this place, then welcome back to the 80's.
Ironically, it's the power of 2008 that has allowed me to do this. So my thanks to youtube, lyricsmode, wikipedia, and all the various 80's band and singer websites that are still going strong today.

I want my MTV!


And since it is a party occasion, I'm going with a couple of my favorite videos of songs that are staples of anyone's party collection... first up, my favorite Billy Idol song... Billy is a zombie killing machine in this video - "Dancin' With Myself"...







Lyrics | Dancin' With Myself lyrics


And, next up today, is a band that brought an old school rockabilly sound and an old school look to the 80's... it's Brian Setzer and the Stray Cats with "Rock This Town"...







Lyrics | Rock This Town lyrics

“Rock This Town”

Single by Stray Cats
from the album Stray Cats
B-side "You Can't Hurry Love"
Released 1981
Genre Rockabilly
Label Arista
Writer(s) Brian Setzer
Producer Dave Edmunds

US Billboard Hot 100 Peak: #9

No comments: