Thursday, December 27, 2012

Can I Get Some Nasty Bass?

At first I thought "man, Billy Dee Williams is a good singer!"  Then, I realized it wasn't Billy Dee, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this video that quite honestly I don't remember from the 80's.  The cool dude in the black and white video is Mississippi-born Alexander O'Neal.  O'Neal was about 34 or 35 when today's song hit the airwaves shooting up to #25 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and hit #1 on the Hot Black Singles charts back in 1985.  Check him out as he disses those women that are "Fake"...




Lyrics | Alexander Oneal lyrics - Fake lyrics

"Fake"
Single by Alexander O'Neal
from the album Hearsay
FormatCD singlecassette single7" vinyl,12" vinyl
RecordedJune 1985
GenreR&B
Length3:57
LabelTabu
Writer(s)James Harris, Terry Lewis
ProducerJames Harris, Terry Lewis

No comments: