Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You've Got Me Captured. I'm Under Your Spell.

Well, I've been under the spell of Van Halen and all of its drama for some 30 years now every since I bought "Diver Down" on cassette back around 1982-83. With today being February 7th, it marks the first all-new Van Halen album since 1998's colossal disappointment - "Van Halen III" with Gary Cherone on lead vocals. This marks the first all-new album with David Lee Roth on vocals since 1983's "1984" album, and I for one couldn't be more excited. The band kicks off its tour February 18th in Louisville, and though I won't be there, I will be in Tulsa, OK at the BOK Center on May 1st when the band rolls through there. If only Michael Anthony were still strumming bass, but I'll take three out of four at this point in their careers.

In honor of their return, from their "1984" album, here is their top 20 hit (a poor concert video - it was 1984 though!) "I'll Wait"...




Lyrics | Van Halen lyrics - I'll Wait lyrics

"I'll Wait"
Single by Van Halen
from the album 1984
A-side "I'll Wait"
B-side "Girl Gone Bad" (US)/"Drop Dead Legs" (UK)
Released 1984
Recorded 5150 Studios, Hollywood, California, 1983
Genre Hard rock
Length 4:45
Label Warner Bros.
Writer(s) Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, David Lee Roth, Michael McDonald
Producer Ted Templeman

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #13

No comments: