Wednesday, February 15, 2012

R.I.P. Whitney

So it's been a few days and I purposely waited until after Valentine's Day to post a few clips of Whitney Houston instead of depressing you just before or on Valentine's Day by reminding you of the enormously talented singer we lost this past weekend.

I was never a huge Whitney fan, because her music just wasn't in my wheel house during the mid to late 80's and early 90's, but I always admired the voice. One of the greatest singers of my lifetime will be missed and unfortunately remembered for the past bizarre decade of her life. I choose to remember her for the greatness that she was pre-Bobby Brown and drugs and alcohol. So, let's erase this past 10-12 years and remember her like she should be remembered.

Check out this amazing performance on Letterman...



Another chart-topping hit from Whitney here with her video for "The Greatest Love of All"...




Lyrics | Whitney Houston lyrics - Greatest Love Of All lyrics

"The Greatest Love of All"

Single by Whitney Houston
from the album Whitney Houston
Released March 14, 1986
Format CD single, Cassette single, 7" single, 12" single
Recorded December 1984
Genre R&B, soul
Length 4:48
Label Arista
Writer(s) Michael Masser, Linda Creed
Producer Michael Masser

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #1

No comments: