Friday, February 10, 2012

No Time For Wasting Baby

I recently gave a shout out to the great rock band Van Halen due to the release of their new album and subsequent tour coming up. One of the interesting things about their upcoming tour is their opening act - Kool and the Gang. Yes, the great R&B band from the 70's and 80's. Strange? Yes. Possibly a little awkward? Sure. I love Van Halen, but I also love me some Papa Bell "Kool" and the Gang. Here is a #1 R&B song from 1981 from Kool and the Gang - it's "Take My Heart (You Can Have It If You Want It)"...




Lyrics | Kool And The Gang lyrics - Take My Heart lyrics

"Take My Heart (You Can Have It If You Want It)"

by Kool and the Gang
released: 1981
from the album: "Something Special"

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #17
U.S. R&B singles peak: #1

No comments: