Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Have I, What Have I, What Have I Done to Deserve This?

Today's it's a little bit of synthpop for you from the duo of Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe that met and formed in 1981 in London and joined on this song by a London female born Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien. The duo was better known as the Pet Shop Boys while the female went by the stage name of Dusty Springfield, who had numerous hit throughout the 1960's. Pet Shop Boys were never one of my favorite groups, which explains why so few videos of theirs are on this blog currently, but I do like today's feature, which is probably my favorite of theirs. Here is "What Have I Done to Deserve This?"




Lyrics | Pet Shop Boys lyrics - What Have I Done To Deserve This? lyrics

"What Have I Done to Deserve This?"

Single by Pet Shop Boys with Dusty Springfield
from the album Actually
B-side "A New Life"
Released 10 August 1987
Format 7", 12", cassette, CD
Genre Synthpop
Length 4:19
Label Parlophone - R 6163
Writer(s) Neil Tennant, Chris Lowe, Allee Willis
Producer Stephen Hague

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #2
UK peak: #2

No comments: