Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Don't Want to Drink My Whiskey Like You Do



Ahh, top of the morning to ya and a Happy St. Patty's day to ya! Usually I reserve St. Patrick's Day for one of the biggest in the world and Ireland native U2. But, I decided to do a little research into some other 80's Irish acts that made minor splashes here in the States. And, first up is this appropriate video by the hard rock band known as Mama's Boys. The Boys, from Northern Ireland, put together this remake of a 70's Slade song and garnered some decent airplay on MTV in 1984. Here are Mama's Boys with "Mama Weer All Crazee Now"...




Lyrics | Slade lyrics - Mama Weer All Crazee Now lyrics

"Mama Weer All Crazee Now"

by Mama's Boys
released: 1983
from the album: "Mama's Boys"

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #54


Our second video of the day just missed the 80's by a few months, but it was a song written in the 80's by the one and only Prince. It's everyone's favorite bald, pope-picture-tearing Irish female named Sinead O'Connor with "Nothing Compares 2 U"... I went to the doctor and guess what he told me? Guess what he told me...




Lyrics | Sinead O'connor lyrics - Nothing Compares 2 U lyrics

"Nothing Compares 2 U"
Single by Sinéad O'Connor
from the album I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got
Released 8 January 1990 (UK) 11 February 1990 (US)
Format CD single, 7" single, 12" single
Recorded 1989
Genre Alternative rock, Pop rock
Length 5:09
Label Chrysalis
Writer(s) Prince
Producer Sinéad O'Connor, Nellee Hooper

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #1

No comments: