Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy New Edition Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! We are in the middle of a "New Edition Heart Break February" here at The Excellent 80's. So, on this special day for you and your significant other, here are some romantic jams from New Edition and the whole N.E. Crew after the members went their separate ways following 1988's "Heart Break" album.

Leading off is the group post-Bobby Brown with their biggest hit from the "Heart Break" album that introduced Johnny Gill as the new fifth member. It's a mid-tempo love song called "If It Isn't Love"...




Lyrics | New Edition lyrics - If It Isn't Love lyrics

"If It Isn't Love"

Single by New Edition
from the album Heart Break
Released July 1988
Format Cassette single, CD single, Vinyl single
Recorded 1987–1988
Genre R&B/Pop
Length 17.22
Label MCA
Writer(s) James Harris, Terry Lewis
Producer Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #7
U.S. R&B singles peak: #2

Next up, Johnny Gill's solo effort after New Edition landed him this #1 R&B single - "My, My, My"...


Johnny Gill - My My My
Uploaded by klmbaby. - See the latest featured music videos.


Lyrics | Johnny Gill lyrics - My, My, My lyrics

"My, My, My"

Single by Johnny Gill
from the album Johnny Gill
Released May 16, 1990
Format 12" single
Recorded 1989
Genre New jack swing
Writer(s) Kenny G, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, Antonio "L.A." Reid

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #10
U.S. R&B singles chart: #1

Up now is Bobby B and his signature haircut with his live romantic ballad about a special kind of girl who stands out in a crowd, and who's a tender "Roni"...




Lyrics | Bobby Brown lyrics - Roni lyrics

"Roni"
Single by Bobby Brown
from the album Don't Be Cruel
Released December 27, 1988
Recorded 1987
Genre New jack swing
Length 5:58
Label MCA
Writer(s) Babyface
Producer Babyface

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #3
U.S. R&B charts peak: #2

Ralph Tresvant is next because you know you need a man with "Sensitivity"...




Lyrics | Ralph Tresvant lyrics - Sensitivity lyrics

"Sensitivity"

Single by Ralph Tresvant
from the album Ralph Tresvant
Released October 9, 1990
Format 12" single, CD single
Recorded 1990
Genre R&B/New Jack Swing
Length 4:40
Label MCA
Producer Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #4
U.S. R&B singles chart: #1


Finally, in case you've messed up with your girl or your man, console yourself with a little BBD and "When Will I See You Smile Again?"




Lyrics | Bell Biv Devoe lyrics - When Will I See You Smile Again lyrics

No comments: