Tuesday, December 28, 2010

There' Smell of Fresh Cut Grass

Yesterday I posted the Indigo Girls 1989 hit "Closer to Fine." They were provided with some backing music by the Irish band Hothouse Flowers who I had never heard of. So, I did a little digging and found out they were pretty popular back in Ireland during the late 80's and early 90's. Even Rolling Stone Magazine called them "the best unsigned band in Europe" at one point in the mid 80's. All I can say about today's "hit" from Hothouse Flowers is thank goodness for lyricsmode.com because I couldn't understand a word except for the track's title "Don't Go"...




Lyrics | Hothouse Flowers lyrics - Don't Go lyrics

"Don't Go"
Single by Hothouse Flowers
from the album People
Released February 22, 1988
Genre Rock
Length 3:48

UK peak: #11
U.S. Modern Rock tracks peak: #7

No comments: