Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Me, I Want a Hula Hoop

Today's Christmas song isn't an 80's original. In fact, it's much older than the 80's, but hey, this is my blog, and I can break the rules should I choose. It was one of my favorites when I was little, so I'm bringing it into The Excellent 80's for the first time. From 1958, this song won three Grammy awards and hit #1 on the U.S. Billboard charts. Here is Alvin and the Chipmunks with The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)"...




Lyrics | Alvin And The Chipmunks lyrics - The Chipmunk Song / Christmas Don't Be Late (Classic Version) lyrics

"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)"
Single by The Chipmunks
A-side The Chipmunks, Alvin, Theodore & Simon, with the music of David Seville - The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)
B-side David Seville - Almost Good
Released 1958 (U.S.)
Format 7"
Genre Christmas song
Length 2:17
Label Liberty Records (F-55168)
Writer(s) Ross Bagdasarian, Sr. (a.k.a. David Seville)
Producer Ross Bagdasarian, Sr. (a.k.a. David Seville)

No comments: