Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One Foot On the Brake, and One on the Gas

Back in 1984 Sammy Hagar was wearing one horrible looking outfit in this video, but he was making his message known - it's ok to resist arrest, get in the judge's face and run away from the police if you have a much faster vehicle... the Red Rocker did put on some sweet athletic moves in this video though, especially when he throws the guitar up in the air and runs up the wall doing a flip and catching his guitar as it comes back down, and also his long jump over the judges' bench... this song is definitely outdated since 55 mph speed limits are pretty rare these days but anytime I find myself in one, I like to think that me and Sammmy "Can't Drive 55"...




Lyrics | Sammy Hagar lyrics - I Can't Drive 55 lyrics

"I Can't Drive 55"
Single by Sammy Hagar
from the album VOA
Released 1984 (1984)
Format 7" single
Recorded 1984
Genre Hard rock, heavy metal
Length 4:25
Label Geffen Records
Producer Ted Templeman

No comments: