Saturday, September 13, 2008

80s Movie Weekend Fer Sure



She's cool. He's hot. She's from the Valley. He's not. Yes, it is the one-time actor known as Nicolas Coppola, now known as Nicolas Cage in the lead role in this 1983 romantic comedy known as "Valley Girl"...

the trailer...



I forgot my comb...



Valley Girl

Directed by Martha Coolidge
Produced by Wayne Crawford
Andrew Lane
Written by Wayne Crawford
Andrew Lane
Starring Nicolas Cage
Deborah Foreman
E.G. Daily
Music by Richard Butler
The Plimsouls
The Payolas
Peter Case
Josie Cotton
Scott Wilk
Cinematography Frederick Elmes
Editing by Éva Gárdos
Distributed by Atlantic Releasing
Release date(s) April 8, 1983
Running time 99 min.
Country United States
Language English
Budget $350,000 (estimated)


with this movie, I had to see what I could find in the way of the 1982 song by the same name "sung" by Moon Zappa, and I dug up this bitchin' video, oh my god...




Lyrics | Valley Girl lyrics

“Valley Girl”

Single by Frank Zappa
from the album 'Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch'
B-side "You Are What You Is"
Released 1982
Format 12"
Recorded 1982
Genre Rock
Length 4:50
Label Barking Pumpkin Records
Writer(s) Frank Zappa
Moon Zappa
Producer Frank Zappa

US Billboard Hot 100 Peak: #32

and of course, one of my favorites from the 80's, and the most well known song from "Valley Girl"... Modern English with "I Melt With You"




Lyrics | I Melt With You lyrics

“I Melt with You”

Single by Modern English
from the album After the Snow
Released 1982
Format CD Single
Genre Rock, New Wave
Length 3:52
Label 4AD Records
Producer Hugh Jones

No comments: