Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Winds of Change Are Always Blowing

Never has there been a more awkward duet in my humble opinion.  Let's take a latin singing sensation and a country superstar who loves his weed, put them together on stage and have them sing a song about all the girls they've "loved" before.  1984 was a strange year is what I'm chalking this song up to.  The duo of Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias (for you youngsters, Julio is the father of current day star Enrique Iglesias) paired up to sing "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" and this accompanying video of the two followed...




Lyrics | Julio Iglesias lyrics - To All The Girls I've Loved Before lyrics

"To All the Girls I've Loved Before"
Single by Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson
from the album 1100 Bel Air Place
B-side"I Don't Want To Wake You"
ReleasedFebruary 1984
Format7"
Recorded1983
Genrepopcountry
Length3:30
LabelColumbia Records
Writer(s)Albert Hammond and Hal David
ProducerRichard Perry

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak:  #5
U.S. Country charts peak:  #1

No comments: