Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well He Was Just Seventeen

Today's feature took a perfectly good Beatles tune, and turned it on its head by changing one word. Instead of "I Saw Her Standing There," 80's pop icon Tiffany changed the song to "I Saw Him Standing There," and somehow produced a top 10 single with it. Doing her best Joan Jett/Pat Benetar impersonation with her voice her is the red head from 1987 with "I Saw Him Standing There"...




Lyrics | Tiffany lyrics - I Saw Him Standing There lyrics

"I Saw Him Standing There"
Single by Tiffany
from the album Tiffany
B-side "Mr. Mambo & Gotta Be Love"
Released March 1988
Format 7" single, 12" single, Cassette single
Recorded 1987
Genre Synth-pop
Length 4:12
Label MCA Records
Writer(s) Lennon/McCartney
Producer George Tobin

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #7

No comments: