Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lying In My Bed, I Hear the Clock Tick

I have to admit that today's ballad has grown on me over the years because back in 1984 I absolutely hated this song and this video... couldn't understand how this song ever made it to #1 or was nominated as a song of the year at the Grammy's. Anyway, I can listen to it these days when it comes on the radio, but the video is still stupid, but I give it some props for featuring Captain Lou Albano again, albeit very briefly as a cook (don't blink too long). Anyway, here is Cyndi Lauper with "Time After Time"...




Lyrics | Cyndi Lauper lyrics - Time After Time lyrics

"Time After Time"
Single by Cyndi Lauper
from the album She's So Unusual
B-side "I'll Kiss You"
Released January 27, 1984
Format 12" vinyl, 7" vinyl
Recorded 1983
Genre Pop, New Wave, Adult contemporary
Length 4:03
Label Epic Records
Writer(s) Cyndi Lauper, Rob Hyman
Producer Rick Chertoff

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #1

No comments: