Monday, March 22, 2010

Maybe You're Just Like My Mother

I've actually posted this video already in The Excellent 80's, but since we're rolling through the best of Prince in the 80's with our "Prince March" I can't leave this out... the first time I saw this video I remember thinking that I do not like the naked Prince; clothed, dancing Prince is borderline, but please no more naked crawling Prince! Well, anyway, some women (a lot actually) found him to be really sexy... to each his own... personally, I always loved the scrub-wearing keyboardist! Here is "When Doves Cry"...




Lyrics | Prince lyrics - When Doves Cry lyrics

"When Doves Cry"

U.S. 7" single
Single by Prince
from the album Purple Rain
B-side "17 Days"
"1999" (UK 12")
"D.M.S.R." (UK 12")
Released May 9, 1984
Format 7" single
12" single
Recorded March 1, 1984
Sunset Sound
Genre Rock, funk, pop
Length 7" edit: 3:47
Album/12": 5:52
Label Warner Bros.
Writer(s) Prince
Producer Prince
Certification Platinum - (August 21, 1984)

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #1

No comments: