Friday, November 13, 2009

A-E-A-E-I-O-U-U

All I can say about today's video is "wow"... some really really white dudes, some undeniable 80's fashion looks, some high pitched screaming, a sweet keytar, and some street dancing all make for this forgettable classic from the British band Freeez with the dance hit from 1983 called "I.O.U."...




Lyrics | Freeez lyrics - IOU lyrics

"I.O.U."
Single by Freeez
from the album I.O.U.
B-side "I Dub U"
"We Got the Jazz"
Released June 1983 (1983-06)
Format 7" vinyl, 12" vinyl, CD (1987)
Recorded 1983, Unique Recording Studios, New York City
Genre synthpop, freestyle
Length 7:50 (12" version)
Label Beggars Banquet (UK)
Streetwise (US),
Victor Industries (JP),
Virgin (Germany),
Vertigo (Canada),
Criminal (US, 1986),
Citybeat (UK, 1987)
Writer(s) Arthur Baker
Producer Arthur Baker

U.S. club play singles peak: #1
UK peak: #2

No comments: