Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Had A Dream. I Had An Awesome Dream - 80's Movie Weekend



OK, so I never saw this movie, but I heard it was pretty good... maybe someday I'll get around to catching it on cable or something... it has Gregory Hines in it and Isabella Rossellini too... it's the dance flick about getting back home or something - "White Nights"...

the trailer...



and here's some sweet dance moves from Baryshnikov... I wish my knees could handle this kind of punishment... or maybe I don't...




What would this post be without the hit single from the movie I ask? Here is the man who appeared on American Idol last month with Danny Gokey... it's Lionel Richie with the big hit from this movie, "Say You, Say Me"...




Lyrics | Lionel Richie lyrics - Say You, Say Me lyrics

“Say You, Say Me”
Single by Lionel Richie
from the album Dancing on the Ceiling
Released 1986
Format CD single
Recorded 1985
Genre Soft rock
Length 4:03
Label Motown Records
Writer(s) Lionel Richie
Producer Lionel Richie, Narada Michael Walden

Charts Peak position

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 #1
U.S. Billboard Adult Contemporary #1
U.S. Billboard Black Singles #1
UK Singles Chart #8


White Nights

Directed by Taylor Hackford
Produced by William P. Gilmore
Taylor Hackford
Written by James Goldman (story)
James Goldman &
Eric Hughes (screenplay)
Starring Mikhail Baryshnikov
Gregory Hines
Jerzy Skolimowski
Helen Mirren
Geraldine Page
Isabella Rossellini
John Glover
William Hootkins
Music by Michel Colombier
Cinematography David Watkin
Editing by Frederic Steinkamp
William Steinkamp
Distributed by Columbia Pictures
Release date(s) November 22, 1985 (USA)
Running time 136 min.
Language English
Budget Unknown
Gross revenue $13,046,465 (USA)

No comments: