Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Excellent 80's Goes Country

Even though this is not a country music video blog (mainly because country music videos didn't catch on until later), occasionally I'll hear a country song from the 80's that I liked, so here are a couple that I remember being huge hits...

First up, Alabama with "Mountain Music"...




Mountain Music Lyrics

“Mountain Music”

Single by Alabama
from the album Mountain Music
A-side "Mountain Music"
B-side "Never Be One"
Released February 19, 1982 (U.S.)
Format 7"
Recorded 1981
Genre Country
Length 3:39 (single edit)
4:08 (album version)
Label RCA Records 13019
Writer(s) Randy Owen
Producer Harold Shedd and Alabama

Hot Country Singles: #1


I love to hear the thunder and watch the lightening as it lights up the sky... Edddie Rabbitt with "I Love A Rainy Night"...




I Love A Rainy Night Lyrics

“I Love a Rainy Night”

Single by Eddie Rabbitt
from the album Horizon
Released 1980
Format 7"
Recorded 1980
Genre Country, pop
Length 3:08
Label Elektra Records 47066
Writer(s) Eddie Rabbitt, Even Stevens and David Malloy
Producer David Malloy
Certification Gold (RIAA)

Billboard Hot 100: #1
Hot Country Singles: #1
Adult Contemporary Chart: #1

No comments: