Friday, March 28, 2008

80's Movie Weekend

I never actually saw this movie. I'm not sure why. It just never came up I guess, but I remember the music well. Maybe I'll get around to watching it one day. Here, with a younger Tom Berenger, is the trailer to "Eddie And the Cruisers"...



Tender years...




Eddie and the Cruisers










Directed by Martin Davidson
Produced by Joseph Brooks
Robert K. Lifton
Written by P. F. Kluge (novel)
Martin Davidson
Arlene Davidson (screenplay)
Starring Tom Berenger
Michael Paré
Joe Pantoliano
Matthew Laurance
Helen Schneider
David Wilson
Michael "Tunes" Antunes
Ellen Barkin
Music by John Cafferty
Cinematography Fred Murphy
Editing by Priscilla Nedd-Friendly
Distributed by Embassy Pictures
Release date(s) September 23, 1983
Running time 95 minutes
Country USA
Language English
Followed by Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives


Looking back at this video below, I swear this guy was just trying to be Bruce Springsteen with his rough voice and his Springsteen-like expressions and movements... he even has a band with a black saxophone player! Now, I feel like I truly never knew this John Cafferty guy or his Beaver Brown Band... and what about this whole dark side thing they had going back in 1983? From the movie "Eddie and the Cruisers," here is "On the Dark Side"...




On The Dark Side Lyrics

"On The Dark Side"

by John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band
1983
from the film: Eddie and the Crusiers
US Billboard Hot 100 Peak: #7

No comments: