Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Saw Him Dancing There By the Record Machine

One bad, rockin' b to the itch... and I mean that in a cool bad ass sort of way... get ready to pump your fist over and over as Joan Jett rocks into the Excellent 80's with "I Love Rock and Roll"...




I Love Rock N' Roll Lyrics

"I Love Rock 'n' Roll"

"I Love Rock 'n' Roll"

Single by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
from the album I Love Rock 'n' Roll
Released 1982
Format 7" single, 12" single
Recorded 1979, 1982
Genre Rock
Length 2:52
Label Boardwalk Records
Writer Alan Merrill, Jake Hooker
Producer Richie Cordell, Kenny Laguna
Certification Platinum

Billboard Hot 100 Peak 1982: #1


BONUS VIDEO:

Of course, what would an Excellent 80's blog be without the master of parody and one of his earliest "hits"... yes, it's the weird one... "Weird Al" Yankovich with "I Love Rocky Road"...




I Love Rocky Road Lyrics

"I Love Rocky Road"

Single by "Weird Al" Yankovic
from the album "Weird Al" Yankovic
B-side "Happy Birthday"
Released July 1983
Format 7"
Recorded March 14, 1982
Genre Comedy
Length 2:33
Label Scotti Brothers
Producer "Weird Al" Yankovic

No comments: