Friday, January 4, 2008

80's Movie Weekend

Remember these lines?:
Bruce: Do you like sushi like I like sushi?
Cowboy: I like Susie... Susie's my girl!
Bruce: Oh, I had sushi last night!

or this one?:
Bruce: [trying to intimidate an opponent] Look at my eyes. I am Oriental

A little known comedy from 1982 which actually spawned a sequel in 1987. Here is the trailor from the original in 1982, "They Call Me Bruce?"




They Call Me Bruce?

Directed by Elliott Hong
Written by Tim Clawson
Starring Johnny Yune,
Margaux Hemingway,
Raf Mauro,
Pam Huntington
Release date(s) 1982
Running time 87 mins
Language English


The sequeal...
They Still Call Me Bruce

Directed by James Orr,
Johnny Yune
Written by James Orr,
Johnny Yune
Starring Johnny Yune,
Robert Guillaume,
J. David Moeller,
Mabe Appleby
Release date(s) 1987
Running time 91 mins
Language English

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was "Slim" in "They Still Call Me Bruce". (I've gained weight since, though) During the late 80s, when it was popular on cable, children of all ages would see me on the street and point. Usually towoard the back of their throats. I became so popular that every collection agency in the contigious 40 wanted my autograph.
I guess they were going to save it for auctioning off on EBay, which was soon to be invented.