Friday, January 4, 2013

I May Never Give You Flowers

As I started watching today's video I was trying to figure out why Debbie Gibson looked like a dude.  Then, it hit me - it's not Debbie Gibson!  It is some dude... some dude with a terrible 80's song!  He shifts effortlessly from the Debbie Gibson look to the George Michael look (only without the shades and the cool stubble).  The sound of the song reminds me of a poor Rick Astley song, and the video is horrendous.  You may have never heard of Jason Donovan, but he was a big star in Australia, and this song made it to #2 on the UK charts back in 1989.  Here is "Every Day (I Love You More)"...




Lyrics | Jason Donovan lyrics - Every Day (I Love You More) lyrics

"Every Day (I Love You More)"
Single by Jason Donovan
from the album Ten Good Reasons
B-side"I Guess She Never Loved Me"
Released1989
FormatCD maxi7" single
GenreSynthpop
Length3:24
LabelPWL
Writer(s)Stock Aitken Waterman
ProducerStock Aitken Waterman

UK singles peak:  #2
Australian singles:  #43

No comments: