Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Looks Like It's Over

If you've been around this blog enough then you know that I'll occasionally dip into the late 70's or even early 90's on occasion.  I just happened to hear this song on the radio recently and so I found this gem of a video from Mr. Robert John.  As per the times, he lip-syncs into a microphone for the song while some stage hand had fun with the smoke machine. My favorite part though is the cutaway and the fade in/fade out of a "sad" eye.  That just cracked me up.  Can you imagine that being your claim to fame?  I was the sad eye in the Robert John video!  That's me!  That's my eye!  A number one hit at the end of 1979, here is Robert John with "Sad Eyes"...



"Sad Eyes"

by Robert John
from the album:  Robert John
released:  1979

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak:  #1

No comments: