Monday, October 10, 2011

I Used to Think That Love Was Such a Fairy Tale

I thought this QVC video from 2010 was really interesting when I stumbled across it the other day because I hadn't seen Billy Ocean probably since the late 80's, maybe early 90's. The thing that's cool about this is that he sings live with just an acoustic guitarist accompanying him and he still has magic in that voice. Though this is not one of my favorite Ocean songs, you sure can hear that voice that made him so popular during the 80's. Born in Trinidad, here is the now 61 year old Billy Ocean singing one of his biggest hits from 1985... "Suddenly"...




Lyrics | Billy Ocean lyrics - Suddenly lyrics

"Suddenly"
Single by Billy Ocean
from the album Suddenly
Released May 10, 1985
Format 7" (45 rpm)
Recorded 1984
Genre Soul, R&B, soft rock
Length 3:55
Label Jive Records
Writer(s) Billy Ocean
Producer Keith Diamond, Billy Ocean

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #4
UK peak: #4

No comments: