Thursday, July 23, 2009

Eddie, I Can't Understand Why You Want To Hurt Us?

Why is it that I actually find my foot tapping along to this song from 1985 whenever it comes on the satellite radio? I'm not going to admit that it's a guilty pleasure, but dang it's got a funky beat... comedian and major motion picture star Eddie Murphy was in one of my posts during the Michael Jackson tribute week a short time ago with his duet with Michael Jackson called "Whatzupwitu" which was a collosal disaster... but, before that wreck, he actually had a hit single with a little help from producer and muscian Rick James of "Superfreak" fame... Rick overacts just a tad in this video and then just can't contain himself and has to join Eddie at the end of the song... here is a song that should have been a disaster but Eddie pulls it off as the song peaked at #2 in 1985 - my girl likes to "Party All the Time"...




Lyrics | Eddie Murphy lyrics - Party All The Time lyrics

"Party All the Time"

Single by Eddie Murphy
from the album How Could It Be
Released 1985
Recorded 1985
Genre Synthpop
Label Sony
Writer(s) Rick James
Producer Rick James

U.S. Billboard Hot 100 peak: #2

No comments: