Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Rough Like a Freight Train, Smooth Like Ice


For those of you that remember the original Nintendo gaming system, if you were a sports fan like me, then you spent a good deal of time training Little Mac in the ways of boxing so that you could cut through opponents like Glass Joe, King Hippo, Soda Popinski, and Bald Bull on your way to a matchup against Mike Tyson himself in "Mike Tyson's Punchout."
Well, a few years later when this song came out, it provided an instant anthem in my dorm room anytime me or my friends broke out the game... released just months before the real Mike Tyson went down in Tokyo at the hands of Buster Douglas, here is Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince with "I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson"...




Lyrics | Dj Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince lyrics - I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson lyrics

“I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson”

Single by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
from the album And in This Corner…
Released 1989
Format 45" Vinyl
Cassette Tape
Recorded 1989
Genre Hip-Hop/Rap
Label Jive/Zomba
Writer(s) Will Smith
Jeffrey Townes
Pete Q. Harris
Producer Will Smith
Jeffrey Townes
Bryan "Chuck" New
Pete Q. Harris

No comments: